Monday, August 30, 2010

Reflexology and Me

I'm interested in incorporating reflexolgy to my massage practice one day, but I didin't really know too much about it's benefits besides that it feels good to have your feet rubbed. I had my first and inly treatment a few years ago and liked it (evn though it made me laugh a little at first)The body is looked at as an elctrical field where the practioner uses accupressure points on the feet and hands to release ailments of the body and it's ograns. This facinates me that an alternative treatment of massage can have such amazing benefits to it. As therapists we know that our mechanical work promotes blood and lymph circulation and tissue health,but did you that reflexolgy does the same thing with these energy channels? I didn't.

Just a few years ago, this was not a technique that people were first to choose, as it's effectiveness was not proven beneficial. But today their are studies from around the world that support it's theories. It's uses on infants, elderly and even dogs! I throughly enjoyed my read on reflexolgy and have made the decison to make this a great addition to my practice.

 http://www.massagetherapy101.com/massage-techniques/reflexology.aspx

1 comment:

  1. I love massaging little piggies! I bet there are a lot of people out there looking for reflexology too....I know it can be sometimes hard to find.

    ReplyDelete